It’s hard to believe that we are 1/4 through 2012. Are your sales where you need them or is it time to change course?
Now is the time to analyze your sales and marketing reports to see if your efforts are producing fruit or putting your pay at risk. Three months of work should show signs of what type of year you are having, whether you are an entrepreneur or work on a team if you don’t like the results you are seeing now’s the time for tweaking your strategy.
Top Things To Ask Yourself:
- Are you spending your time wisely and with the right people?
- Are you converting the low hanging fruit of unhappy customers from competitors?
- Are you networking to make new contacts, and starting the conversation on how you can help them?
- Are you utilizing everyone on your team to obtain your common goals?
- Are you staying away from unproductive distractions during the “Golden Hours” of selling?
- Have you sat down with your supervisor to see what their recommendations are?
- Did you give up on your original plan too soon? No plan works if your try it for only a few weeks, once you start something see it through.
- Are you closing and asking for the business? The timing must be right, but if you have taken a customer through the entire sales cycle of Prospecting, Consulting-Info Gathering, Demonstration, and Value Delivery, your next logical step is to close them for a trial, a commitment, or a delivery date. Who knows they might surprise you and accept, but you will never know where your customer stands unless you ask them.
Are you sticking to your original business plan or do you need to change course? Please share with me what you are doing to hit your sales goals in 2012.